Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Update on South West Florida's exsiting home sales

Peg Timpone
March 2009 Blog

Sometimes life smacks you in the head with a brick. The past two years have certainly demonstrated that. I am convinced though, that the only thing that kept me going was that I love what I do. Real estate isn’t just my profession, it’s my passion. I feel lucky. Even in these trying times – there is nothing more rewarding than finding the right home for one of my clients.

And it seems I am not alone. In an industry of what seems like nothing but bad news, we have some good news. Sales of existing homes in the Greater Fort Myers area were up a whopping 154.6 percent in January, with a total of 830 properties sold versus 326 during January 2008, according to the Realtor Association of Greater Fort Myers and the Beach, Inc. The Naples Area Board of Realtors reported the highest number of pending sales since 2005. Overall pending sales (a key indicator of buyer activity) increased 85 percent year to date in January in Collier County.

Now this is good news.

No comments: